Monday, August 13, 2007

Does This Mean I've Lost Control?

This past weekend, my family was blessed with a chance to spend some time with a couple of friends from Minnesota. They came down to be a part of the "Connect!" service that I help organize at Cedar Valley Bible Church here in Cedar Rapids.

You see, Jason is a very talented musician and a gifted speaker... so we put him to work!

We ended the evening by going out to a local restaurant... Jason and his wife... and my whole family (all 4 kids included!). Do you feel sorry for the Minnesotans yet?

Jason and I ordered meatloaf. The ladies ordered soup and salad. I'm pretty sure there is some sort of stereotypical joke in there.

The point of this really isn't what we ate... the point is that they were gracious enough to endure hanging out with my kids.

Don't get me wrong, I love my kids dearly... but let me show you what I walked into this afternoon when I went downstairs from my office.



First, observe my second oldest, Reid:

In case you can't tell... that is a pillow on his head that is in the shape of a baseball glove. He removed the ball and decided his head should go in its place.




Let's move on to my daughter, Grace:

My wife, Ashley, has been teaching a couple classes on being a "princess" in God's eyes. Do you think Grace has latched on to that concept?





My oldest, Andersen, apparently doesn't rank high enough in the princess/baseball glove royalty line... so he was demoted to the role of the horse. Notice Grace's proper side-saddle position.




Ok... now for the creme de la creme. My youngest son, Griffin, has been spending the afternoon listening to a CD that Jason was kind enough to give us last night. I think he has spent a little too much time watching me play on stage because... well... this was his heart-felt response to Jason's CD. And yes... in case you couldn't tell, that is our living room coffee table!!







Yep... I've definitely lost control.

Jim

No comments: