Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Jesus Loves Me This I Know...

Tonight I had a late practice with my friend Paul. He and I are playing (along with two other guys) at a coffee shop this coming Friday night. (Note: If you are interested, it is at the "Coffee Emporium and Cafe" in Hiawatha. We start at 7 pm).

Paul and I talked a little tonight about how difficult we humans seem to be able to make things. It seems we always want a little more, a better explanation or to turn things into a deep discussion of why the person sitting next to us is wrong and we are right.

The thing is, is that it really isn't that hard. Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming that we should have discussions or that we shouldn't be students of the Bible and think deeply on subjects... I'm just saying don't forget the simple truths.

Jesus Christ died for my sins. He rose again. I believe that to be true. I believe that in Him doing so and me accepting the gift that He gave of Himself, I have been forgiven and granted salvation... my eternity secure.

When I sit and think about that, I'm just in awe of how amazing that is. I didn't earn it. I didn't buy it. I didn't create it. I didn't find it... God gave it to me and just asked me to accept and acknowledge it.

As Paul and I stood there tonight watching the fog roll in and the stars shine in the sky, you just couldn't help but be amazed by the beauty and strength of our God... and then to think that same God... the God of the universe loves even me. Wow.

Yes, Jesus loves me. Yes, Jesus loves me. Yes, Jesus loves me... the Bible tells me so.

Jim

No comments: