Wednesday, May 9, 2007

God Is Good

Sometimes God just sort of sneaks up and amazes you when you don't expect it.

I know that sounds like a vague statement, but come on... you know it is true.

I'm in a state of being wonderfully confused right now. You see, life right now is extremely busy. So busy that Ashley and I often don't know which end is coming or going, but yet it is exciting because so much is happening.

First off, let me brag on my wife for a moment. If you're a husband, you can maybe relate to the excitement of watching your wife grow in her walk with God. Sometimes big steps, sometimes small steps. Over the past year, my wife has grown by leaps and bounds and is really being bold in her faith. I'm not so much commenting on her ability to boldly share with others (though she is much better about this than I am), but more so her ability to trust in her faith. Her ability to let go of the reins and allow God to steer even when we can't see the outcome.

What's most exciting about it is that Ashley and I are both feeling the desire to really grow and stretch ourselves in certain areas related to this.

I think maybe it started a little over 3 years ago when I started working with Laridian. Prior to the change I had been with a company for 11 years and so it was a big decision to try something new, but I haven't regretted it even once. There is something really nice about working with people you know you can trust and that you also have the honor of calling friends.

My point is that even though we often fear what is in front of us, we (and by "we" I mean "I") need to remember that God is already there.

Instead of looking for reasons why we can't do something, we need to look at stepping out in faith and being willing to go where God wants us... just like when I left my old job and started working for Laridian. A lot of things fell into place and I just have to believe that God's hand was in it.

I've got a similar situation going on right now not related to my job but rather related to my music. I won't go into detail, as I'm not sure I'm supposed to just yet, but I will say that I met with a friend on Monday who presented an opportunity that sounds really exciting to me. I then met with another friend on Tuesday and talked through yet some more opportunities... and later in that same day received a response on an email from yet another person music related.

Keep in mind that this is all after the band I had been a part of for the past 15 years of my life disintegrated before my eyes.

Sure, there is a scared feeling involved with stepping out into new territories musically (a few of which put me into positions that I question my own skill in relation to the need presented), but I'm relying on the fact that God is indeed good. I am wanting to make sure I examine doors that He opens rather than trying to keep life "comfortable".

Maybe I'll explain more later once the situation settles a little.

In Him,
Jim

No comments: