Wednesday, May 2, 2007

It Is Nice To Know...

A good friend of mine recently emailed me about some struggles he is having. Without explaining his situation, let me just say that I can't imagine any one handling it better than he has. It has been amazing to watch.

That's not how he sees it, however. He told me that he at times feels like he is being fake or being a poser, because he always seems to slip back into a world of doubt and fear.

I can relate to what he is saying... when things get busy it just seems natural to feel overwhelmed and it becomes very easy to lose perspective. Sitting here even now, I'm balancing about 5 different major tasks for the day (involving work, church, personal stuff etc) and feeling like I'd rather just go back to bed.

The interesting thing is that I don't think my friend and I are the only ones who struggle with this ebb and flow. In fact I know we aren't.

My bible reading lately has me in the early part of Judges. I am amazed at how Israel continuously stands up and falls down over and over.

It sort of reminds me of watching my children when asked to stop doing something: they show brief remorse as they are rebuked, but left to their own devices the will revert back to it again within a matter of minutes. Over and over the cycle goes.

This is not to say that I ought to be happy with the fact that I have my lulls, but it does prove once again that "there is nothing new under the sun".

In Him,
Jim

No comments: